Tuesday, April 6, 2010

action started

so i had hit a stumble block last week about the web designers abit, but i guess all's been settled with Kyla. She told me to go ahead with approaching the group of photographers that i'm closely knitted with. Also, it was on good hindsight that I volunteered to do the first week of managing the FB page. I could monitor right from the start on the number of people joining.

So I created a new my tribe photography group (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/group.php?gid=108853622479085&ref=ts). Its the first step to gathering photographers from all over and posting their works on POOL. The work wont end in the first week, I'll be contributing throughout the semester.

Hmm.. so far of all the 'friends' I've invited, 30 have responded and have joined the group. I will say at this point that my initial reaction was 'WHAT?! So little?' but hey, 30 is better than a single digit number. Of cos I'll be hoping that more will join, but that wont happen unless I am actively posting links and stimulating interest.

I guess the realistic things that I'm hoping for this assignment is to gather at least 50 members and expand my network. The more the merrier, but I'm aware of the vast photography sites out there that are already established. With POOL still in infancy stages, it will be hard to attract the masses to join. Still, youtube and flickr started somewhere and I'm confident that POOL has the potential to rise to their levels.

Here's wishing myself and the rest of the team the very best in achieving their own goals of this assignment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment