Friday, April 23, 2010

analysis part 2

A few days ago, I posted up some sort of tribal mask photo from one of my travels.



I've been proven wrong partially it seems.

While users do get captivated by emotional invoking photos, it doesn't necessarily have to be in black and white. With the correct usage and contrasting of colours, it will be more than enough to draw in one's attention.

I did have comments as well:

1) What a particularly beautiful photo - the use of color is amazing :-)

2) this is a gorgeous image and a very thought provoking entry ... thank you

I had 2 other comments which were almost somewhat similar:

"I like the way you involve the viewer by asking a question. You do it in a subtle way in your other posts, too. I don't think I'm ready to answer your question, and perhaps it is rhetorical - you don't want an answer - or maybe you want to start an interactive discussion group - this is also part of your question. Thank you for waking up my mind."

"Hey, I really like this photo, but I just want to make sure what community are you interested?"

From these 2 comments, I'm giving it some thought on MAYBE starting a group within POOL? A photography group with relations to the theme of 'my tribe'? For that to happen though, I'll have to garner more 'support' from fellow peers and make sure that they have the commitment to publicise the group.

I've so far managed to successfully ask one of my peers to join:

http://www.pool.org.au/users/njw

She's all the way from Toronto, Canada and was fortunate to meet her last year on my travels. She's already uploaded 7 photos and some of them have gotten comments. A good and encouraging start!!

No comments:

Post a Comment