Tuesday, March 30, 2010

tut 5 do up for SMP

1. Details of your proposed individual Social Media Producer task


a) I’m looking into the possibility of trying to tap into the web designer community that I’ve known for quite a few years, being the administrator of an online forum. I would want to get them to post up their web designs. At the same time, it would encourage other website designers across the Internet to post up their designs as well, creating a tribe in the process.

b) If Plan A does not work out, I will to another group in which I’m also closely knitted to on the forum – the photographers. Like myself, I’m an avid photographer and have my own share of networks of photographers. I will look to publicize mytribe as another outlet for them to post up their photos as well as to build up more networks.

2) Details of your individual contribution to the tutorial specific tasks

- As my tutorial is in charge of the facebook/twitter group for mytribe, we decided to have 2 people in charge of the group in slotted weeks. I would contribute by monitoring the number of people daily joining the page. To encourage people to join the group, I would stimulate interest, interaction and publicity by posting up relevant links. This will not only apply to just my allotted week, but it will be ongoing throughout the semester.


3) Personal timeline

-March 17: Draft SMP project outline due

-April 10: My tribe project launches

-May 26: Final written report task due

Ongoing: Monitoring facebook page, posting and updating relevant links and stimulating interest


4) Personal project goals and self-assessment criteria

- Be aware of the realistic things that can be done and assess the areas that went wrong during the course of the semester.

- Interaction and constructive criticism to fellow mytribe members.

- Contribute at least one piece of work to the POOL and mytribe media.

- Be participative, be it in tutorial or group work

No comments:

Post a Comment